Administration & Communications Assistant
The International Fellowship of Reconciliation is the world’s oldest interfaith peace organization. Members of IFOR in 40 countries are engaged in a variety of efforts to promote peace, reconciliation and nonviolent social change.
The International Secretariat’s role in the global organization is to convene, organize and equip members of IFOR, enhancing the movement’s capacity to promote peace, build community and transform social, economic and political systems of violence. This includes coordinating IFOR’s representation at the United Nations.
The Administration & Communications Assistant will report to the International Coordinator (Executive Director) and assist with communications and administrative tasks.
· Supporting communications with IFOR members around the world including: posting and managing content on IFOR’s website and social media accounts,
· Assistance in organizing and distributing the IFOR Newsletter
· Sorting general incoming digital and paper communications
· Providing support on conference calls
· Assistance with scheduling, organizing flights and hotel accommodations for human rights activists.
The Position is Part Time: Generally, up to 16 hours per week.
· Scheduling is flexible and support is occasionally needed for calls or events on evenings and weekends. (Must be available to travel November 1-9 for IFOR’s International Council in Catania, Italy)
· In order to be fair and equitable within our organization, salary for this position is set to scale 7 of IFOR’s pay system. More information available upon inquiry.
Location is negotiable: IFOR’s administrative offices are in Utrecht. The Netherlands is preferred.
· Identification with IFOR’s values and mission
· IFOR operates in English, French, and Spanish. Candidates should be fluent in two of IFOR’s operating languages. Additional proficiency in Dutch is preferred but not required.
· Experience managing or curating content for social media platforms.
· Strong administrative and organizational skills.
· Experience playing a support role to human rights activists, and community organizers.
· Must be comfortable working with people of different cultural, religious, and economic backgrounds.
To apply please email CV and cover letter to:
Application Deadline: March 19, 2018